Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Abbey Gardens, Tresco, Isles of Scilly


I recently went to the Abbey Gardens on Tresco, the Isles of Scilly. I was doing some research on succulents in Cornwall, as well as having a great time. Tresco is beautiful. The sand is fine, the sea is turquoise, the gardens are exotic and the people are so friendly. We stayed at the Island Hotel, details at: tresco.co.uk. Our room had a wonderful view of the sea and the food was fresh and delicious. We rented bicycles to ride around the island. It was great way to get around as there are no cars - only a few mad, crazy golf carts and tractors. I have been several times and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend it, I want to go back again. Soon. Very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos--succulents are so texturally appealing, and you show them beautifully! I am sighing over this archway, though... oh, to have something like that in my gardens. :)

Myrtle Luma said...

Thanks for your comments - it is a beautiful place.