Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Allotment fever

Prize winning melons

Sorry folks, I lied to you all. I did not garden yesterday. I bumped into a gardening friend at the Co-op and she invited the kids and me to her allotment. It was great.

I didn't know that Falmouth had allotments - I had never seen them before. They are amazing. Melanie grows so much - soft fruits, raspberries, strawberries, black currants, there are tons of blackberries and elderberries. Apples, sweet, sugary plums, and figs. Sweet corn, celery, celeriac, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, melons, potatoes, leeks, lettuces, fennel, herbs, beans of many types, and squashes - lots and lots. And lots. There seems to be lots of everything.

The local allotment society had its annual show this past weekend. My friend won first prize for her veg box. Well done.

I now want an allotment. I would also like the time to tend it. Please.

Here are a few highlights . . .

Saucy


First Prize!!

Why, why, why, Dahlia?

More allotment photos to come . . .

No comments: