Sunday, August 13, 2006

We are back

We are back.

Early.

Yes, we are all okay. No, I don't want to talk about it. Thanks.

I was never a great Sinatra fan, but after this trip, I will no longer be able to hear his music without experiencing a considerable level of anxiety.

'My Way' indeed.

'Fool', I can hear many of you say. Perhaps you are right.

Life goes on. Today has been easy and quiet, walking with friends, drinking dry white at the local beach cafe, soaking up the sun.

We set out for our walk without swimsuits. Upon arriving at the cafe, Mad Dog suddenly wanted to swim - jumping into the sea, fully clothed. She is not the sort of little girl to let a little thing like clothing stop her from enjoying herself. Luckily, I am accustomed to her borderline boho behaviour and we do live close by.

In many ways I am relieved that I haven't planned a foreign holiday this summer. We have had such good weather and with all the extra security, delays and cancellations at airports since Thursday, it feels okay to be home.

I am going to garden tomorrow.

See you then. x x x

No comments: