Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Howard's Truck

This is Howard's Truck

Howard's Truck is big and noisy - a truck with attitude. This is a truck that can do anything: it can go anywhere, haul everything, tow away small villages . . . It's a super truck. Today, it has been removing rubbish and junk, which I cannot recycle at home, from my garden.

You always know where Howard is, because he is never far from his truck. Howard loves his truck. I love the irony of Howard's Truck - despite it's camouflage, you can't miss it.

For years I thought Howard's Truck was an old ambulance. But, when I asked about it today, I was informed that it had been a Chaplin's Truck. Hence the cross on the front and side.

Howard isn't a Chaplin - but he helps people, like me, with odd jobs, heavy jobs, tricky jobs, and garden jobs. He once rescued my daughter from her room, when the doorknob broke off. We couldn't open the door. He used a table from my greenhouse to climb up the side of the house.

Howard is a Hero.

He is also very modest and declined to be photographed. But, Howard's Truck loves the attention.



Whilst having a cup of tea by the frogpool, we spied a tiny, baby frog. This is number three.

Howard thought it slightly odd that I asked him to keep an eye on the baby whilst I ran in the house to get the camera, but, then odd jobs are his speciality.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howards truck is great.it must be lovely to de-clutter so much stuff in one load.Thank you Howard.P.S.Your profile omitted the fact that apart from tea,you love hats and shoes!love your personal "helper" J xxxxxx