Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Teddy Bears' Picnic


This is a great English tradition - the Teddy Bears' Picnic. We stumbled upon this one in progress the other day at Trelissick Gardens. It was kind of eerie in a way, as there were no children to be seen. It was as if they had been whisked away. But, whoever (or whatever) took them, didn't want the bears.

Or, maybe, the bears themselves decided to have a day out. Some inner city bears hardly ever get out into the country. I wondered if they took the bus.

Or, maybe, it was a trap. So, my companions and I backed away slowly and reported it to the authorities.

They were very reassuring. Apparently no children had been reported missing that day.

They also suggested that I stay out of the sun for a while. It has been hot here lately.


Dream man

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'd prefer some biscuits to go with your teddies tea party??

Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you that the PhD friend I told you about emailed me just today and said this about his daughter's summer experience, after her art camp was canceled for some reason:

"My guess is that the week will degenerate into decadent teddy bear tea parties..."

of course, I sent him your lovely blog entry! So many Teddy Bears, so little time!