Thursday, July 13, 2006

I love frogs

I love frogs. I don't know why. It's just one of those things I have had to accept about myself.

When I designed my garden in Cornwall, I left out water features. I love water, as you may have guessed by now. But, I have also had young children running around, as well as an aversion to ugly ponds and vulgar fountains. I simply chose to ignore water features completely, for a few years.

But, my children are now, reasonably, sensible. And I have this ongoing desire to attract amphibians into my private space. Please don't ask me why. It will only embarrass us all.

I won't go into a lengthy explanation of how this frogpool suddenly appeared in my garden. Let's just say that I am pleased to have it. My froggy friends will now have a bijou pad to reproduce in safety , as well as a home for a newly acquired water lily. Ahhhhh.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you every see the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, when Robert dated a woman who loved frogs, and Raymond caught her eating a fly. It is absolutely hilarious, and your blog entry reminded me of it...

Myrtle Luma said...

I love frogs, it's true. But I don't love their diet.

I hope I won't resort to eating insects, my favourite is Eggs Benedict.

Anonymous said...

I'm in southern Idaho, where it's typically quite dry, so I was particularly thrilled to find a new visitor (resident?) apparently living under our old strawberry patch - a frog, or toad - I call him Todd (yes, I know, original...). So, what can I do to support his living? Does he even need me? What about when winter comes and there is a layer of snow and frozen ground? Can I expect him (or her) to be around next year? Any advice or pointers to info much appreciated. :-)